District Crime Branch
Role and responsibilities of ACP District Crime Branch:
The following functions and duties are performed by Crime Detachment unit of Thrissur City Police District.
1. Crime Investigation
1. Cases within the district - 18 cases
Cases outside the district -        2 Cases.( Visa cheating cases of Kozhikkode Rural
1. Cases of Crime Branch -       68 Money chain cheating cases
2. Conducting Petition Enquiry
Within the district -        14
Outside the district -        Nil
3. Conducting Departmental Enquiry
Within the district -        4
Outside the district -         Nil
4. Supervision of Cyber Cell
5. Supervision of Women Cell
6. Acting as District Nodal Officer - Students Police Cadet Project (SPC)
7. Acting as District Nodal Officer - Operation Kubera
8. Acting as District Nodal Officer - Anti-ragging
9. Acting as District Nodal Officer - Anti-piracy
10. Acting as District Nodal Officer-     Lottery
11. Acting as District Nodal Officer -    Subhayathra
12. Head of District Missing Persons Tracing Unit
13. Acting as District Nodal Officer -    Special Juvenile Police Unit (SJPU)
14. Acting as District Nodal Officer -    Anti Human Trafficking Unit (AHT)
15. Operation Smile
16. Suit Meeting
17. Narcotic Drugs Disposal Committee- Convenor
18. Conducting Training Class for Improvement of Crime Investigation
19. &lsquoOSCAR&rsquo &ndashNight Patrol and  Night  In-Charge  Duty
20. Special  L/O Duties
21. Crime Museum  In-Charge
22. ORC-District Action  Group  Member
23. Supervisory  Committee member of children&rsquos Home
Direct Public Services Given by ACP District Crime Branch:
- Conducting enquiry on the petitions which are entrusted by the superior officers.
- Supervision of  petition enquiry and Investigation of cases on Atrocities against Women and Children.
- As Nodal officer, supervising the activities under the investigation of man missing cases.
- As Nodal officer, supervising the activities and investigation on Anti-Human Trafficking .
- As Nodal officer, supervising the activities of Anti-Ragging
- As Nodal officer, Attending  and  ensuring  proper action on petitions obtained under &lsquoOperation  Kubera&rsquo and convening &lsquoOperation  Kubera  Adalath&rsquo .
- As DNO, Cyber Cell supervising enquiries and investigation assistance done by Cyber Cell.
- Supervising the activities of Students Police Cadet Project (SPC).